A LOT has happened since the last time I posted. Most importantly, I had a baby – Gaetano “Tano” Joseph (the cutest baby in the world, if you ask me!) With a baby comes a lot of change, some of that change is natural & easy, some of it is more difficult.
To catch you up to speed…
- I left my job of 5 years in the city to take a new position closer to home so I can spend more time with my family. I was in dire need of a change of pace that was more fitting for someone with a family. Thankfully, I am still lucky enough to be doing what I love and working with an AMAZING new group of people.
- I shop WAYYYY less. Okay, maybe I shop just as much as I used to, just not for myself. Tano is ALWAYS way more put together than I am. He never leaves the house in anything but the cutest outfits, while I am mostly looking like a hot-mess. He is my #1 priority and all else takes a back seat, including my wardrobe and gray hairs. 🙈
- My body is completely different. Even though I am only 10 pounds heavier than I was pre-baby, NOTHING about my body is the same. I’m sure every woman, who has ever had a baby in the history of having babies, would agree with that statement. It has been a challenge learning how to dress my new body and feeling comfortable in my own skin. What I have to tell myself is that my body created life and gave birth to it, that makes me an instant badass – so what if there are some stretch marks and things are “arranged” a little differently!
- I’m always exhausted. I used to think I knew what tired felt like, but now I really know. I recently read an article that said full time working mothers work upwards of 98 hours a week, between their actual jobs and the work they do as a mother/wife. Luckily, Tano has been an excellent sleeper from very early on, so at least my nights are mostly restful!
- I cry (a lot), and it’s okay. Pre- baby, I wasn’t much of a crier but that has changed drastically. NO ONE can ever prepare you for the emotions you will feel when it is time to leave your baby and head back to work. Everyone says – “It will get easier!” or “You will love being able to escape to work!”. I have to say, it’s been about 9 months back to work and it hasn’t gotten much easier. I have my good days and I have my bad days. Balancing a career and being a Mom has been the hardest thing I have ever had to do. As hard as it is, I am happy to be setting an example for Tano as a working mother (like my Mom did for me) & being able to show him a marriage that is a partnership, where we both have responsibilities outside of the home and within it…Okay maybe Mario has changed a FEW more diapers than I have 😉
- I fall more & more in love every day. It’s true what they say, the love you have for your child is like nothing else you have ever experienced before. Mario and I still find ourselves in awe over what we created. There is nothing that makes us happier than our little boy. Becoming parents will always be our biggest accomplishment and what we are most proud of!
For me, being a good Mother means still finding time to do things that I love. I think its important for our children to see our passions – so a BIG thank you to my Husband and Family who have encouraged me to get back into doing EVEN more of what I love! I am excited to dive back into Stingy Girl Style and show you how my style has changed, share ADORABLE outfits that Tano wears, and write a bit more about being a new Mom!
I now (shamelessly) leave you with these photos of my insanely adorable child!